Saturday, December 13, 2008

Has Obama infected the tech-world?

It seemed like just a couple of months ago, the only thing the tech-world was interested in was adding new facebook gadgets and finding another way to make an old application "social" (See flock, wesabe, mint, and probably hundreds more). But in the last few months I've seen some change in the blogosphere and I'm wondering if its here to stay. Some big players (see Lessig) are starting to pay attention to the "stuff that matters." Even Obama's site change.gov, with its web 2.0 and social feel, bridges the do-goodery world with the tech one.

I can't tell if this is the beginning of a trend or just a handful of people caught up with Obamaitis. I hope its the former, but for it to have any impact and produce anything impressive, it has got to keep its pace up for at least six months.

I'm gonna start looking out for this more now.

No comments: