Thursday, July 21, 2011

What is s.nsdsvc.com?

I have been getting a bunch of hits from http://s.nsdsvc.com/App/DddWrapper.swf?c=3. The hits seem like real people, not robots. But there's nothing on that website. Their whois information is private. If you go to that page you just get a blank flash script (is it blank?). Some random post mentions it and it seems to be related to adobe, but that may be just because it's a ".swf". Anyone have any better ideas?

My guess is that it's a script for bouncing people from one site to another, but I really have no idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If still interested in answer, I just found this topic at StackExchange, having the same problem:

http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/17323/weird-crossdomain-xml-requests

The hits are caused by a broken browser addon, which is why they looks as if they were not done by a bot.

X*D*G said...

i was getting this:
what is http://s.nsdsvc.com/app/dddwrapper.swf?c=4

i removed something called yontoo.com from my browser addons and i do not get this request anymore i hope this helps

Sean said...

It's a flash script most likely trying to access your crossdomain.xml

Yontoo is known to be malicious adware similar to Text Enhance which all run adware through browsers using flash.

Kevin Dellinger said...

First off I want to say great blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts on getting my ideas out. I do enjoy writing, but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? Appreciate it! Visit This Link: How To Lock Files From Scratch